An Innovative High School
Students grades 9 through 12 can earn a high school diploma AND up to 60 transferable college credit hours in four years at NO COST.
Early College High School students are given the tools to succeed while immersed in a higher education experience, beginning their freshman year of high school and ending with an associate’s degree or up to 60 hours of college credit, accepted at all Texas public colleges and universities.
Early College High School is made possible through a partnership with Austin Community College (ACC). Students attend school each day at the ACC Round Rock campus, located at 4400 College Park Dr. in Round Rock.
The ECHS Mission: Our ECHS Owls are taught to have H.O.P.E.– faith in the premise that they can create OPPORTUNITY and a better future through EFFORT, HARD WORK, and PERSONAL COURAGE. This idea of H.O.P.E. is woven into the fabric of our ECHS family.
- Equivalent of two years of college FREE, includes tuition, books and transportation.
- Small school environment of up to 500 students as opposed to 2,400-3,400.
- More personalized instruction with class opportunities to complete assignments.
- Student driven clubs and activities.
- Real-world project based learning.
- College campus environment with college expectations.
- College courses are taken for both college and high school (dual) credit.
UIL activities such as athletics, band, drill team, cheerleading, etc. are not available
What students are saying
- Students at this school show respect for each other regardless of their differences – 85% 85% 85%
- vs. all Round Rock ISD HS – 59% 59% 59%
- Teachers at this school treat students with respect – 92% 92% 92%
- vs. all Round Rock ISD HS – 82% 82% 82%
- Most students in my school are willing to help each other do well academically – 90% 90% 90%
- vs. all Round Rock ISD HS – 66% 66% 66%
- Students at my school are kind to each other – 93% 93% 93%
- vs. all Round Rock ISD HS – 65% 65% 65%
- Students begin taking college courses as early as 9th grade with structured sequence of courses that leads to an associate’s degree or towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Students are taught study methods and organizational strategies to help them boost their academic skills.
- Classes will be rigorous, with most being advanced (formerly called Pre-AP) or dual credit courses.
- The project-based learning instructional model, challenges students with a meaningful course of study and real world applications.
- Frequent advisory provides 1:1 academic support and personal encouragement.
Enroll Early. Reserve Your Spot.
In order to support students through their collegiate journey, each graduating class is capped at 125 students. Students are encouraged to declare interest in Early College High School early to reserve their spot. If more than 125 qualified students apply, a lottery process will be used to determine placement. Students not placed through the lottery will be placed on a waiting list. Freshmen, who are currently attending a Round Rock ISD high school, interested in Early College High School can transfer at semester.
A Future Owl
- must reside in the Round Rock Independent School District.
- must meet all requirements for promotion from eighth grade to ninth grade.
- must complete the full declaration including all essays and return all documents to his or her counselor or mail to RRISD ECHS, 4400 College Park Dr. Building 369, Round Rock, TX 78665.
- must attend the Summer Bridge transitional program in June.
- understands that UIL sports and fine arts are not offered.